Well it seems some people just can’t live without there jailbreak so I guess I am gonna make a post on how to do such a thing on iOS 5 beta 5 with redsn0w. There is a few things you will need.NOTE: THIS IS A TETHERED JAILBREAK MEANING YOU WILL NEED TO BOOT YOUR DEVICE WITH REDSN0W EVERY TIME. Check out how to jailbreak after the break!
Things you need.
- iOS 5 beta 5 from Apple’s Developer Portal
- Redsn0w Mac Download, Windows Download
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPad 1
- iPod Touch 3rd generation
- iPod Touch 4
1. Launch redsn0w and select the iOS 5 beta 5 ISPW you downloaded.
2. Once the restore is identified hit next and then just wait for redsn0w to finish doing it’s thing.
3. Select the options you want redsn0w to perform. For the first time you can just install Cydia. To boot your iDevice do the above steps over but when you get to this step select “Just boot Tethered”
4. Redsn0w will require that you go into DFU mode. Don’t worry though it will walk you through it.
There you have it how to have your iOS 5 beta 5 device jailbroken. I do not know when they will have the iPad 2 jailbreak up and running but I will let you know when they do!