Being a technical wizard at my school I am always asked how to jailbreak devices and the benefits of it. So I am going to start adding some jailbreaking goodness to the site. Anyways today I am going to walk you through jailbreaking your iOS 5.0.1 device. There will be a video for you to watch on how to do it below and remember this can be done for Mac and PC users. So let’s get started.
1. Download the newest version of redsn0w UPDATE: (9.10b5) (mac) (windows) and iOS 5.0.1.
2. Open up redsn0w and you will be welcomed by the following screen (click to enlarge):
3. From the welcome screen hit extras->select ISPW and find your iOS 5.0.1 download.
4. You will see a prompt saying that this will be used for the rest of the session. Select ok. From the screen hit back to get to the main screen from number 2. Then hit jailbreak
5. Just select jailbreak for now and hit next. (Multitasking gestures don’t work on the iPhone and should work on the iPad 1 with iOS 5.0.1)
6. Follow the on screen instructions and wait for reboot.
7.To get a reboot you will need to press back to get to the main screen when the Apple Logo appears on your phone. From there hit extras and then boot tethered. Follow the instructions and you should be fine. If this was done correctly you should see your iDevice booting with a pineapple
8. Enter cydia. Hit developer and then go to the search. From there search Corona. In the drop down menu it should say Corona 5.0.1 untethered. Select that and then install. You know have a fully jailbroken phone! If you did not get any of this watch the tutorial below!