There has been many rumors that the next iPhone is going to be the first iOS device to ditch the 30 Pin Dock Connector for a new 8 or 9 pin dock connector, and this might be the cable for that connector. Apple is also expected to release an iPad Mini to go along with the new iPhone with this new style of dock connectors.
We have seen photos of parts that have been said to have a new dock connector and a repositioned headphone jack to have all devices similar in ports.
New leaked parts for what is said to be the new iPad mini and the new iPhone have been released. High res shots of the dock connector reveals a smaller 8 pin dock that is rumored for all the upcoming iOS devices.
A new dock connector seems to worry a lot of people with accessories for the current dock connector. Hopefully for all of you Apple will release an adaptor like they did with Magsafe to Magsafe 2.
[iResq repair lab]
This morning iMore gave us launch details for the iPhone and iPad mini launch and now iLounge gives us more information.
- Next iPhone will ship in Mid-September
- 2 new iPhone cases will be released. The first will like the current bumper case and another will have additional features which may come after launch.
- iPod Touch will be released alongside the new iPhone like in the past with the same screen resolution.
- New Nano could be bigger.
- 7.85 iPad Mini with a new 19 pin dock connector and will ship in November just in time for the holidays. This follows many reports that Apple is working on Mini smart vases and Smart covers that resemble the current iPad screen size.
- Finally, Apple will be updating it’s new full sized iPad line with a thinner design less than a year after release. The New 4th gen iPad will be tweaked with a new back side mic and a less hot thinner design. Sharp’s rumored late IGZO displays would have made the iPad thinner and less thick and power hungry/hot.
“Apple’s current plan for the fourth-generation iPad is to release another relatively modest body tweak, which would keep the shape basically the same while introducing the new small Dock Connector, a rear-side microphone, and spec-improving/heat-reducing changes to the hardware inside. The rear-side mic might aid in noise cancellation or improve audio quality during rear video recording, and is apparently just like one found on the iPhone 5, between the camera and flash; prototype iPad minis apparently have a mic on the back in the same place.
However there has always been a rumor of a New iPad being launched with the New iPhone every year and it never happens. I would bet we wont see another full sized iPad until early 2013.
And finally iLounge says that all of this could happen at 1 event or could be multiple events.
The next iPad’s release date is a big question mark right now. As noted with the * above for the iPad mini, Apple could hold a special event just to announce the sub-8” tablet, and our source suggests that Apple might be ready to refresh the iPad at the same time.
I still would like to think the next iPad will be announced early 2013 keeping Apple’s yearly schedule but who knows maybe they will surprise us.
Kokatu translates a Chinese report on the once again iPad mini tablet:
Chinese net portal, NetEase, has a story on a rumored new mini Apple tablet. NetEaseclaimed that the device will be released around the third quarter of this year to “counter attack” the upcoming Windows tablets. The report further claims that the devices will cost anywhere from US$249 to $299 and that there will be an initial 6 million units ready for launch.
This would be of course to compete with the other smaller tablets on the market such as the Amazon fire. However I don’t see a need for a smaller iPad. I can see why some people would want one though. However apps would be a hassle. Developers would have to make a 3rd version of their apps and that’s a pain for developers and consumers. I don’t see a need for it but others would disagree with me.