On the verge of another Apple Event (Woo!) uTime 5.2 is now available on the Mac App Store and iOS App Store.
uTime 5.2 brings a host of new features such as % of time counting (the circle now can remember what state it was at instead of constantly resetting).
uTime 5.2 also brings the iOS 14 widget to macOS on computers that will be running macOS Big Sur.
The official change-log:
- Added WidgetKit to macOS 11 Big Sur! This will work in the same way the iOS 14 widget will: putting the closest timer in approximate time up to 15 minutes on your sidebar. Within 15 minutes a more precise timer will run!
- MacOS Big Sur Support: uTime 5 on macOS has been compiled for BigSur!
- % Of change: previously when changing timers the circular bar would reset its status. No longer! With percentage of time and our new data set we can calculate percentage of time passed from creation. This means the circular timer will not start at 0 but at how much time has actually passed from creation to now! Hooray!
- Added a button in modify timer that will allow you to set the selected date to the current date and time.
- Fixed a bug where selecting a timer would turn the action button title to done but not the state.
- Fixed a bug on Mac and iPad where the wrong timer would get deleted when selecting the last one in the list.
- Fixed a bug on Mac and iPad where the Timer would be deselected when scrolling a large list of timers but would stay marked deleted.
- Small improvements to timer list screen on iPhone.
Download uTime on the iOS App Store | Download uTime from Mac App Store
uTime 3.2 is now being pushed to the iOS App Store! uTime 3.2 brings new enhancements such as the ability to search for a timer to see or delete! Along with this the iPhone timer view now has a large title to go with the overall theme of iOS 11 (and 12). Small enhancements to theming have also been made!
Download uTime for iOS / Download uTime for macOS
This was originally supposed to be a “uTime 3.0.1” is now available but while playing aroun with uTime 3.0.1 after it went live on the app store I discovered a critical big that the app would crash on the iPhone after adding a new timer and then navigating to the timer that was just added. I pulled uTime from the App Store shortly after finding this issue and patched, and submitted the fix with uTime 3.0.2. I am not sure if the problem originally was in uTime 3 but everyone who can should update to uTime 3.0.2.
Here is the official changelog for 3.0.1/3.0.2:
– Fixed an issue on iPad where deleting the current selected timer would result in a crash
– Fixed an issue on iPhone when adding a timer then navigating to the timer would cause a crash
-Added the 3.0 changelog to iPhone…(Oops)
-Switched the Cancel and Save button on iPhone.
– On iPhone the Counting Down To: portion of the label has been removed
To learn more about uTime 3 and it’s changes follow this link and for an in depth look at uTime 3 follow this link.
Download uTime 3.0.2 from the iOS App Store
After all of the WWDC fun from yesterday I introduced uTime 3 for iOS. I am very happy to announce that right now uTime 3 is officially available to download on the iOS App Store.
To get an in depth view of some of the changes look at the post below or follow this link to learn more about uTime 3.
The official uTime 3 changelog is massive and here it is:
3.0 The Massive Update:
- Added a new screen: Modifications. Now modifications are done in it’s own view that will slide in. It will display the name and the current target time of your timer and allow you to change it.
- The timer screen has been redesigned. It now has larger text and will allow you to see the maximum amount of time remaining on the target timer
- Home screen: The entire home screen has been redone. There is now the list of all your timers on the side bar along with the maximum amount of time remaining.
- Modification Screen: Instead of presenting an entire screen a popup view will appear and you can modify the timer and save just by dismissing the controller (by tapping anywhere on screen). The size of the popup does not cover the current timer information so you know what you are modifying.
- Web Support Is Now In It’s Own View Instead Of A Popup In The Info View
- Notifications: Instead of a popup alert displaying when the timer fire date is finished a generic iOS banner will appear.
- Added the ability to share the timer with various apps using share sheet. This will share the name of the timer and the maximum amount of time there is left.
- Changed the background images
- Support now opens in a WebKit view meaning there is a progress bar to show you the accurate loading % of the webpage.
- Swift: The entire app was rewritten in swift which is why it took so long.
- iOS 11: Due to the nature of the app and the newer API’s at the moment uTime 3 is iOS 11+ only.
Even though uTime 3 is 11+ only iOS 10 and below users may still download uTime 2 from the App Store.
uTime 3 is massive for iOS and I hope all of you enjoy it. As always updates will be coming throughout and due to how I set up uTime 3 they will be coming much quicker!
Download uTime 3 on the iOS App Store
View uTime 3 Launch Info
WWDC is right around the corner and yes uTime 3 for iOS is in full development! However, it is not ready for publication yet but uTime 2 needed some fixes… SO uTime 2.3.6 is now available to download with the following changes:
- Made it so snow is no longer falling and the icon has gone back to normal
- Fixed error where the support site would not load.
Again uTime 3 is coming and it is a big update…. There will be more on that later….
Download uTime Universal iOS