uTime 3.2 is now being pushed to the iOS App Store! uTime 3.2 brings new enhancements such as the ability to search for a timer to see or delete! Along with this the iPhone timer view now has a large title to go with the overall theme of iOS 11 (and 12). Small enhancements to theming have also been made!
Download uTime for iOS / Download uTime for macOS
Happy July! To start of Summer right( at least where I am) I have updated both iOS and macOS versions of uTime! uTime for iOS is now on version 3.1 while uTime for macOS is now on versions 3.0.5! Take a look at the changes below:
uTime 3.1 for iOS:
- Made it so dark mode for the iPad now is on the home screen timer list
- Enabling dark mode will have the dark keyboard appear when changing the timer name
- The return of date sorting: You can now sort timers by date on both macOS and iOS
- Made it so you can slide to delete timers on iPad
- Redesigned the launch screen
- Fixed an issue with memory leaking on iPad
- Fixed an issue on auto layout sometimes not working on the info section of the iPad
uTime 3.0.5 for macOS:
- Sorting by date has returned to both macOS and iOS versions of uTime
- Adjusted a timer on the back end so the app should not have issues with timer selections anymore.
Download uTime for iOS | Download uTime for macOS (BOTH FREE)
After all of the WWDC fun from yesterday I introduced uTime 3 for iOS. I am very happy to announce that right now uTime 3 is officially available to download on the iOS App Store.
To get an in depth view of some of the changes look at the post below or follow this link to learn more about uTime 3.
The official uTime 3 changelog is massive and here it is:
3.0 The Massive Update:
- Added a new screen: Modifications. Now modifications are done in it’s own view that will slide in. It will display the name and the current target time of your timer and allow you to change it.
- The timer screen has been redesigned. It now has larger text and will allow you to see the maximum amount of time remaining on the target timer
- Home screen: The entire home screen has been redone. There is now the list of all your timers on the side bar along with the maximum amount of time remaining.
- Modification Screen: Instead of presenting an entire screen a popup view will appear and you can modify the timer and save just by dismissing the controller (by tapping anywhere on screen). The size of the popup does not cover the current timer information so you know what you are modifying.
- Web Support Is Now In It’s Own View Instead Of A Popup In The Info View
- Notifications: Instead of a popup alert displaying when the timer fire date is finished a generic iOS banner will appear.
- Added the ability to share the timer with various apps using share sheet. This will share the name of the timer and the maximum amount of time there is left.
- Changed the background images
- Support now opens in a WebKit view meaning there is a progress bar to show you the accurate loading % of the webpage.
- Swift: The entire app was rewritten in swift which is why it took so long.
- iOS 11: Due to the nature of the app and the newer API’s at the moment uTime 3 is iOS 11+ only.
Even though uTime 3 is 11+ only iOS 10 and below users may still download uTime 2 from the App Store.
uTime 3 is massive for iOS and I hope all of you enjoy it. As always updates will be coming throughout and due to how I set up uTime 3 they will be coming much quicker!
Download uTime 3 on the iOS App Store
View uTime 3 Launch Info
After being absent from the Apple Developer platform for 3 months I have updated uTime for macOS to version 3.0.3. The reason this update (and other updates) are taking a while is because as I am in my junior year of college I do not have as much time as I want to devote to app updates. However, there are big things in the making right now and it’s worth the wait. With that here is uTime macOS 3.0.3’s official changelog:
- Happy New Year! In this update the modify timer view has been changed so when you click out of the view it saves (no more done button!)
- We have updated our webpage! The new address is https://uappsios.com however https://apples-genius will be working for the next year.
- Made it so the snow is no longer falling (welcome back battery life)
- Fixed an issue with MacBook Pro’s with Touch Bar where the labels would be clipping weirdly…
Thank you to all for all your patience. Big things are coming!
Download uTime for macOS | Download uTime for iOS