As my first semester at college comes to a close and WWDC and iOS 10 coming fast I decided it was time to give uSurf a big update… Yes, this update is huge in terms of the amount of work that went into it, the amount of testing, and the amount of functionality that is not only fixed, but added as well.
Today uSurf 5 is live on the App Store and the main focus is cross-device syncing. With uSurf 5 bookmarks and tabs will sync between devices using iCloud. If you don’t use iCloud they will be stored locally on your device. There is also an option to sync your homepage with iCloud that is enabled by default.
However of course this being such a big update there is a long list of changes and here is the full change log:
- Added iCloud Syncing For Bookmarks!
- Added iCloud Syncing For Tabs!
- Home Screen *Can* be Synced With iCloud!
- iCloud Syncing Also Works For Split-Screen!
- Added Themes to Tab View.
- Added Themes to Bookmark View.
- Added Themes to History View.
- Fixed theming issues with first time setup — Oops.
- Fixed the positioning of the left history button in split screen.
- Fixed issue with rotating the iPad and full screen.
- Fixed issue with the blur view (iPad Settings).
- Fixed issue where hitting “Close” on history view would bring you to split screen somehow (iPhone).
- Fixed issue when changing orientation will cause the homepage view to be off centered (iPad).
- Fixed Issue where going to change the homepage will result in a blank browser window on return (iPhone)
So while there are a lot of fixes the additions are massive. This features took extra time to implement because my time has been limited due to school and the fact I wanted the data to be moved and not erased.
I hope that you enjoy the update and cross device syncing which I think is going to be a great addition. Generally what happens is I will implement features to our single view and then make it to split screen but I made sure everything works within all views this time. I also made sure that the theming issue has been fixed with *all* views. Of course if you find problems use the contact sheet on uSurf Support or the built-in email to contact me. Otherwise I will see you at either the next update!
Download uSurf Free from the App Store.
uSurf launched around a year ago and it has grown so much in the year it has been out. For uSurfs 1st birthday I thought I would give it a big update with some great new features. uSurf and uApps have grown a great deal within this year and even though there has been some great updates and I would like to thank you for downloading. There will be plenty of more updates coming. uSurf 4 comes with a pretty big changelog:
Time for some upgrades…
- Added new icons for various things around the app!
- Added full screen browsing to iPhone in Landscape Mode!
- Added Option For Full Screen Browsing on iPad (Landscape)!
- Added buttons in views for split screen users(finally).
- Starting to incorporate 3D Touch (iPhone 6S/6S+)
- Added the ability to have a home page
- Added some neat little animations with our new features!(This actually took a lot of time so I wanted to make it known)
- For iPhone 6 and higher there is a new share sheet!
- Fixed animations with share sheet!
- Fixed issues with the right URL Bar…
- Fixed issues with the setting layout (iPhone 4 and 5)
- The snow will be sticking around for now!
Thanks for using uSurf for an entire year and I will see you all with the next update.
With iOS 9 being so big I had to release something to complement it. This is of course uSurf 3.0 which is now available for all devices running iOS 8 and some goodies for those running iOS 9.Here’s what’s new
-Support for iOS 9
-uSurf Allows For Split Screen Multitasking on iPad Air and iPad Air 2! This will allow you to surf the web while doing other activities (single web view).
-Added gestures for navigation. Use 2 fingers and swipe to the right to go back in your browsing history.
-Swipe towards the left with 2 fingers to go forward in your browsing history.
-Tapping the blur effect in the share sheet on Split Screen will close the share sheet.
-Added History so you can see where you are browsing from.
There are some things to note here with the changes. For the swipe to go back there is no animation for this it just happens. It also requires 2 fingers for the gesture to be recognized. Also some pages have elements that make iOS ignore this function. Along with this if you go to a different view then it go back and want to get back there it won’t work. Also browsing the web in split screen on iPad will not add to the history view (yes this is being worked on).
That’s it for this update! I am working hard on another to try and fix some of the problems I mentioned above that is in my control along with some other added goodies. Enjoy iOS 9 and uSurf 3.0 (which is now free!)!
uSurf (Free) (iOS)
I am happy to announce that uSurf 2.0 is finally available on the App Store after an extended period of work! This update brings a ton of new features so let’s dive in!
- Name Change… We have changed the *official* app store name from uSurf:Split Screen Web Browser to uSurf Universal.
- iPhone Version! We came to the iPhone and brought with us some different colored themes! Expect these to be on the iPad sometime soon!
- Secure Web Browsing! We will automatically bring you to sites using https! If the site doesn’t load it is due to a certificate error… Working on that fix right now. This is the only site I know of that has the issue. If this happens put http:// in the link.
- iPad: New way to share pages and add bookmarks. Hit the action and a pop up will come up (coming in split view soon!).
- Share sheet UI doesn’t change with theme (iPad).
- Updated UI.
With this big release we will be going free for one week! Get downloading!
Download uSurf Universal – Free
uSurf 1.5 is being pushed to your iPad.
Here is what is in this release:
-Added Update Notice to homescreen/splitscreen
-Keyboard for URL Bar will now be the same for the theme selected.
-Network Notifications… A popup will show up if you have no internet insteaad of trying to load a page
-Please Turn On Auto-Updates in the Store section of your iPad’s settings.
Buy uSurf for only one dollar…
uSurf 1.3 is now being pushed to your iPad through the App Store. A lot of effort went into this update and uSurf 1.4 is already in development making improvements on everything released with this update. Here is the change log.
-Bookmarks: Bookmarks are here. You will be able to name them and all that goodness soon. Hit the plus and a bookmark will be added.
-Bookmarks are saved automatically
-When switching themes most things (except for the settings info bar because why would that work) will change automatically.
-Memory managment… Less wait times.
-Label will tell you when you added a tab or bookmark.
-Bookmarks and tabs are a work in progress. Expect them to be better in coming updates.
Again updates will improve on bookmarks and tabs. Enjoy!
Buy uSurf on the App Store for your iPad ($0.99)
uSurf 1.2.1 is here with mostly bug fixes but a few new things:
-Added the ability to remove tabs…
-Added a little lable in the toolbar to let you know if you added a tab or not.
-Due To iOS 7 limitations and the fact anyone who uses iOS 7 with iPad can upgrade to iOS 8 this app now requires iOS 8…
-Fixed error where split screen always thinks there is an update… My bad.
-Fixed the error where some web pages would make the App Crash… Ooops…
-Fixed error when switching themes would cause tabs to clear.
Download now! 99¢ App Store