As my first semester at college comes to a close and WWDC and iOS 10 coming fast I decided it was time to give uSurf a big update… Yes, this update is huge in terms of the amount of work that went into it, the amount of testing, and the amount of functionality that is not only fixed, but added as well.
Today uSurf 5 is live on the App Store and the main focus is cross-device syncing. With uSurf 5 bookmarks and tabs will sync between devices using iCloud. If you don’t use iCloud they will be stored locally on your device. There is also an option to sync your homepage with iCloud that is enabled by default.
However of course this being such a big update there is a long list of changes and here is the full change log:
- Added iCloud Syncing For Bookmarks!
- Added iCloud Syncing For Tabs!
- Home Screen *Can* be Synced With iCloud!
- iCloud Syncing Also Works For Split-Screen!
- Added Themes to Tab View.
- Added Themes to Bookmark View.
- Added Themes to History View.
- Fixed theming issues with first time setup — Oops.
- Fixed the positioning of the left history button in split screen.
- Fixed issue with rotating the iPad and full screen.
- Fixed issue with the blur view (iPad Settings).
- Fixed issue where hitting “Close” on history view would bring you to split screen somehow (iPhone).
- Fixed issue when changing orientation will cause the homepage view to be off centered (iPad).
- Fixed Issue where going to change the homepage will result in a blank browser window on return (iPhone)
So while there are a lot of fixes the additions are massive. This features took extra time to implement because my time has been limited due to school and the fact I wanted the data to be moved and not erased.
I hope that you enjoy the update and cross device syncing which I think is going to be a great addition. Generally what happens is I will implement features to our single view and then make it to split screen but I made sure everything works within all views this time. I also made sure that the theming issue has been fixed with *all* views. Of course if you find problems use the contact sheet on uSurf Support or the built-in email to contact me. Otherwise I will see you at either the next update!