Happy July! To start of Summer right( at least where I am) I have updated both iOS and macOS versions of uTime! uTime for iOS is now on version 3.1 while uTime for macOS is now on versions 3.0.5! Take a look at the changes below:
uTime 3.1 for iOS:
- Made it so dark mode for the iPad now is on the home screen timer list
- Enabling dark mode will have the dark keyboard appear when changing the timer name
- The return of date sorting: You can now sort timers by date on both macOS and iOS
- Made it so you can slide to delete timers on iPad
- Redesigned the launch screen
- Fixed an issue with memory leaking on iPad
- Fixed an issue on auto layout sometimes not working on the info section of the iPad
uTime 3.0.5 for macOS:
- Sorting by date has returned to both macOS and iOS versions of uTime
- Adjusted a timer on the back end so the app should not have issues with timer selections anymore.
Download uTime for iOS | Download uTime for macOS (BOTH FREE)
This was originally supposed to be a “uTime 3.0.1” is now available but while playing aroun with uTime 3.0.1 after it went live on the app store I discovered a critical big that the app would crash on the iPhone after adding a new timer and then navigating to the timer that was just added. I pulled uTime from the App Store shortly after finding this issue and patched, and submitted the fix with uTime 3.0.2. I am not sure if the problem originally was in uTime 3 but everyone who can should update to uTime 3.0.2.
Here is the official changelog for 3.0.1/3.0.2:
– Fixed an issue on iPad where deleting the current selected timer would result in a crash
– Fixed an issue on iPhone when adding a timer then navigating to the timer would cause a crash
-Added the 3.0 changelog to iPhone…(Oops)
-Switched the Cancel and Save button on iPhone.
– On iPhone the Counting Down To: portion of the label has been removed
To learn more about uTime 3 and it’s changes follow this link and for an in depth look at uTime 3 follow this link.
Download uTime 3.0.2 from the iOS App Store
After all of the WWDC fun from yesterday I introduced uTime 3 for iOS. I am very happy to announce that right now uTime 3 is officially available to download on the iOS App Store.
To get an in depth view of some of the changes look at the post below or follow this link to learn more about uTime 3.
The official uTime 3 changelog is massive and here it is:
3.0 The Massive Update:
- Added a new screen: Modifications. Now modifications are done in it’s own view that will slide in. It will display the name and the current target time of your timer and allow you to change it.
- The timer screen has been redesigned. It now has larger text and will allow you to see the maximum amount of time remaining on the target timer
- Home screen: The entire home screen has been redone. There is now the list of all your timers on the side bar along with the maximum amount of time remaining.
- Modification Screen: Instead of presenting an entire screen a popup view will appear and you can modify the timer and save just by dismissing the controller (by tapping anywhere on screen). The size of the popup does not cover the current timer information so you know what you are modifying.
- Web Support Is Now In It’s Own View Instead Of A Popup In The Info View
- Notifications: Instead of a popup alert displaying when the timer fire date is finished a generic iOS banner will appear.
- Added the ability to share the timer with various apps using share sheet. This will share the name of the timer and the maximum amount of time there is left.
- Changed the background images
- Support now opens in a WebKit view meaning there is a progress bar to show you the accurate loading % of the webpage.
- Swift: The entire app was rewritten in swift which is why it took so long.
- iOS 11: Due to the nature of the app and the newer API’s at the moment uTime 3 is iOS 11+ only.
Even though uTime 3 is 11+ only iOS 10 and below users may still download uTime 2 from the App Store.
uTime 3 is massive for iOS and I hope all of you enjoy it. As always updates will be coming throughout and due to how I set up uTime 3 they will be coming much quicker!
Download uTime 3 on the iOS App Store
View uTime 3 Launch Info
WWDC is right around the corner and yes uTime 3 for iOS is in full development! However, it is not ready for publication yet but uTime 2 needed some fixes… SO uTime 2.3.6 is now available to download with the following changes:
- Made it so snow is no longer falling and the icon has gone back to normal
- Fixed error where the support site would not load.
Again uTime 3 is coming and it is a big update…. There will be more on that later….
Download uTime Universal iOS
After being absent from the Apple Developer platform for 3 months I have updated uTime for macOS to version 3.0.3. The reason this update (and other updates) are taking a while is because as I am in my junior year of college I do not have as much time as I want to devote to app updates. However, there are big things in the making right now and it’s worth the wait. With that here is uTime macOS 3.0.3’s official changelog:
- Happy New Year! In this update the modify timer view has been changed so when you click out of the view it saves (no more done button!)
- We have updated our webpage! The new address is https://uappsios.com however https://apples-genius will be working for the next year.
- Made it so the snow is no longer falling (welcome back battery life)
- Fixed an issue with MacBook Pro’s with Touch Bar where the labels would be clipping weirdly…
Thank you to all for all your patience. Big things are coming!
Download uTime for macOS | Download uTime for iOS
After being somewhat absent for a lot of the Summer Season (in terms of being a college student anyways) I have pushed a small update to uTime. This update adds support for Apple’s new iPad Pro 10.5 inch. Within the update is also a fix for the “Today” widget that hasn’t been working for a few versions (sorry)!
While I’m not going to share details on what there is a lot of things in the pipeline coming. Just keep watching for it!
Download uTime for iOS | Download uTime for macOS
uTime 2.3.1 and uSurf 5.3.1 are now available for download. Both contain bug fixes but the main thing is that the snow has been removed along with other holiday goodies. Doesn’t seem right to have it snow when the temperature (where I am anyways) is nearing 90 degrees! Enjoy.
Download uTime | Download uSurf