This was originally supposed to be a “uTime 3.0.1” is now available but while playing aroun with uTime 3.0.1 after it went live on the app store I discovered a critical big that the app would crash on the iPhone after adding a new timer and then navigating to the timer that was just added. I pulled uTime from the App Store shortly after finding this issue and patched, and submitted the fix with uTime 3.0.2. I am not sure if the problem originally was in uTime 3 but everyone who can should update to uTime 3.0.2.
Here is the official changelog for 3.0.1/3.0.2:
– Fixed an issue on iPad where deleting the current selected timer would result in a crash
– Fixed an issue on iPhone when adding a timer then navigating to the timer would cause a crash
-Added the 3.0 changelog to iPhone…(Oops)
-Switched the Cancel and Save button on iPhone.
– On iPhone the Counting Down To: portion of the label has been removed
To learn more about uTime 3 and it’s changes follow this link and for an in depth look at uTime 3 follow this link.
Download uTime 3.0.2 from the iOS App Store
After all of the WWDC fun from yesterday I introduced uTime 3 for iOS. I am very happy to announce that right now uTime 3 is officially available to download on the iOS App Store.
To get an in depth view of some of the changes look at the post below or follow this link to learn more about uTime 3.
The official uTime 3 changelog is massive and here it is:
3.0 The Massive Update:
- Added a new screen: Modifications. Now modifications are done in it’s own view that will slide in. It will display the name and the current target time of your timer and allow you to change it.
- The timer screen has been redesigned. It now has larger text and will allow you to see the maximum amount of time remaining on the target timer
- Home screen: The entire home screen has been redone. There is now the list of all your timers on the side bar along with the maximum amount of time remaining.
- Modification Screen: Instead of presenting an entire screen a popup view will appear and you can modify the timer and save just by dismissing the controller (by tapping anywhere on screen). The size of the popup does not cover the current timer information so you know what you are modifying.
- Web Support Is Now In It’s Own View Instead Of A Popup In The Info View
- Notifications: Instead of a popup alert displaying when the timer fire date is finished a generic iOS banner will appear.
- Added the ability to share the timer with various apps using share sheet. This will share the name of the timer and the maximum amount of time there is left.
- Changed the background images
- Support now opens in a WebKit view meaning there is a progress bar to show you the accurate loading % of the webpage.
- Swift: The entire app was rewritten in swift which is why it took so long.
- iOS 11: Due to the nature of the app and the newer API’s at the moment uTime 3 is iOS 11+ only.
Even though uTime 3 is 11+ only iOS 10 and below users may still download uTime 2 from the App Store.
uTime 3 is massive for iOS and I hope all of you enjoy it. As always updates will be coming throughout and due to how I set up uTime 3 they will be coming much quicker!
Download uTime 3 on the iOS App Store
View uTime 3 Launch Info
WWDC is right around the corner and yes uTime 3 for iOS is in full development! However, it is not ready for publication yet but uTime 2 needed some fixes… SO uTime 2.3.6 is now available to download with the following changes:
- Made it so snow is no longer falling and the icon has gone back to normal
- Fixed error where the support site would not load.
Again uTime 3 is coming and it is a big update…. There will be more on that later….
Download uTime Universal iOS
After being absent from the Apple Developer platform for 3 months I have updated uTime for macOS to version 3.0.3. The reason this update (and other updates) are taking a while is because as I am in my junior year of college I do not have as much time as I want to devote to app updates. However, there are big things in the making right now and it’s worth the wait. With that here is uTime macOS 3.0.3’s official changelog:
- Happy New Year! In this update the modify timer view has been changed so when you click out of the view it saves (no more done button!)
- We have updated our webpage! The new address is https://uappsios.com however https://apples-genius will be working for the next year.
- Made it so the snow is no longer falling (welcome back battery life)
- Fixed an issue with MacBook Pro’s with Touch Bar where the labels would be clipping weirdly…
Thank you to all for all your patience. Big things are coming!
Download uTime for macOS | Download uTime for iOS
After being somewhat absent for a lot of the Summer Season (in terms of being a college student anyways) I have pushed a small update to uTime. This update adds support for Apple’s new iPad Pro 10.5 inch. Within the update is also a fix for the “Today” widget that hasn’t been working for a few versions (sorry)!
While I’m not going to share details on what there is a lot of things in the pipeline coming. Just keep watching for it!
Download uTime for iOS | Download uTime for macOS
uTime 2.3.1 and uSurf 5.3.1 are now available for download. Both contain bug fixes but the main thing is that the snow has been removed along with other holiday goodies. Doesn’t seem right to have it snow when the temperature (where I am anyways) is nearing 90 degrees! Enjoy.
Download uTime | Download uSurf
There is no slowing down the update train! Nearly a week after launching uTime 2.2.1 for macOS, uTime for both iOS and macOS has a brand new update!
For Mac this brings more of the functionality seen on iOS into the application (the big one being multiple timer deletion!).
For iOS a more simplified interface when dealing with the timer view!
The change-log for macOS:
-Made It So You Can Delete Multiple Timers!
-Hold Command and Select Timers (Leave One Remaining Though) Then Delete!
-Slight Changes To Notification Appearance (In App Notifications)
-Changed The Color Of TouchBar Labels
Happy New Year!
-Combined the edit and delete button in the timer view to one button
-Selecting all timers will change the button to done (There has to be one timer in the list)
-Changed the icon back to normal (Snow will remain falling for a little while though)!
-Small UI Changes
So the change-log might not be massive but there was a lot of work into getting both the iOS version and macOS version to do these things properly (otherwise multiple timer deletion for Mac would have happened at 2.0). However, I am always improving and there will be more updates to show that. Until then thank you for downloading.
Download uTime for iOS | Download uTime for macOS
Happy New Year 2017!
Happy (late) new year from uApps! To start of our 2017 we start with something small but needed. I decided to update uTime for macOS first this year (as some may have noticed as the update has been out earlier than this post). uTime 2.2.1 brings some slight improvements and removes our holiday icon. Snow however, will be staying for a few more months because it’s still cold and I like the snow falling.
The official changelog for uTime macOS 2.2.1:
Happy New Year 2017:
- When adding a timer the change timer view will automatically appear
- Added touch bar delete timer notification
- Fixed the problem where the delete timer notification view would not appear…
- Fixed issue when adding a new timer it would not directly go to it.
- Removed Holiday Icon (Snow Remains!)
Also a quick note for those running OS X 10.10: I have decided not to release this version for that specific OS as the snow caused some problems with the layout and I cannot fully figure out why/test it in my current state. I will try and bring back support sometime soon but I recommend updating to at least OS X 10.11.
That’s it for this update I hope you enjoy and I am already working on improvements and new features for uTime both on macOS and iOS. Enjoy
Download uTime macOS | Download uTime iOS
It’s the holiday season and as traditon holds it I update all uApps applications to have snow falling throughout the cold weather months. The tradition remains this year with EVERY uApps application getting a holiday update. Enjoy the holidays everyone.
However, uTime gets a little more than just snow falling so I want to highlight them both specifically.
uTime 2.2 macOS:
-Added a holiday icon!
-Added snow falling throughout the App!
-Added support for the MacBook Pro Touch Bar!
-You can now easily add and delete timers with the Touch Bar!
– Touch Bar changes depending on what you are doing within the app.
-Added the ability to sort timers by date!
-When a timer is deleted a window will appear briefly to alert you of deletion.
-If extra loading time is needed on startup the UI will reflect this
and of course uTime 2.2 for iOS:
– Added choice to sort by date
– UI Changes for iPad
– Fixed error on iPad where there was no indication of the countdown date
So macOS gets a little more love but getting the timers to sort by date proved more difficult than I originally thought. Either way these are going to be the last updates of the year so I hope you all enjoy them and the holiday!
~Matthew Jagiela (uApps Head)~
You didn’t think I forgot about the Mac did you? Of course not! I am happy to announce that after a ton of development and testing uTime 2 for macOS is now available to download!
The biggest change to uTime for macOS is that I redesigned the User Interface.
As shown above our timer view is now permanantly on the side bar of our homepage! This allows quick and easy access to all of your countdown timers. To delete a timer simply select it and hit the delete key on your keyboard! Along with this for smaller screened Macs the view can be resized to better fit your screen!
Also just as a small thing I incorporated Apple’s San Fransisco font which looks very nice throughout the entire application.
Along with this a bunch of mechanics have changed including how timers are changed (a small popover instead of just appearing) along with some color changes to our info screen.
Along with this are a lot of behind the scene changes that will make uTime macOS even better!
This update took so long because I did not want to update it without iCloud syncing working on Sierra.
The full changelog for uTime 2 for macOS:
-New Icon to match the iOS Version – Much cleaner
-Home screen has a new font to make it look cleaner.
-Home screen has the list of timers always visible for easy selection
-Timers are now deleted by hitting the delete key.
-The window’s width can now be resized for smaller screens.
-Change Time/Name is now it’s own view that pops up instead of just appearing.
-Support is now bigger in order to show more information and has the same black blurr as other elements.
-Adding a timer will have the name “New macOS Timer” to reflect rebranding of OSX
-Along with the new font there are multiple changes with the way text is formatted (list and home)
-Download uTime for iOS button works now.
-Changed the order of the buttons for support as closed in the middle was a little weird.
-Fixed issue where notifications would not show up when the timer was synced with iCloud.
-Support for macOS Sierra (10.12)
And here is the updated screenshot gallery for uTime macOS!