uTime 4.1 is now available… For all platforms!
With the power of macOS Catalina and Catalyst framework uTime comes to the mac with all the same functionality as the iOS version! This also means whenever there is an update to uTime for iOS there will be the same update with the same (and more) features for macOS.
However, making a Catalyst app is a problem because it will only work with macOS Catalina which drops 32 bit support which is used with many legacy applications…
The way I decided to counter this is to leave uTime for macOS (Version 3) on the app store for legacy software users. However, there will not be feature updates for uTime macOS Version 3.
So why the change? A lot of reasons but the main one is continuity: being able to develop features once and then have it work accross all Apple platforms means more feature updates come quicker which is a big win.
More information on the transition can be found here: https://uappsios.com/utime-4-macos-migration-info/
uTime 4 for macOS is now called uTime Universal to match the iOS version and that it is universal throughout platforms. uTime 4 runs better on macOS than uTime 3 does and I highly recommend using it.
uTime 4 is still free and can be downloaded here
For the 4.1 update here is what is new:
- Thanks to macOS Catalina uTime for iOS and macOS can live as one App! That means every feature that comes to iOS will come to macOS at the same time!
- All of the new features of uTime 4 iOS is now integrated into macOS. This includes the circular timer!
- The UI For iPad has been tweaked with constraints better to use macOS resizing. This is a good thing because it will also work better on a variety of screen sizes for iPad as well!
- Theme will change with the system theme automatically. If you have auto enabled when macOS changes theme uTime will too!
- uTime for Mac will still have it’s own unique icon!
- For those not running macOS Catalina version 3 will still remain on the Mac App Store for better compatibility but will not be updated unless crucial bug fixes are needed.
- Made it so switching the theme system wide will change the theme on uTime (iOS 13)
- Fixed bug on iPad when selecting the sort by date option would flick light mode on.
- Fixed issue where some timers that are expired might fire notifications on launch.
Thank you and I hope you enjoy a better uTime for Mac!
Happy July! To start of Summer right( at least where I am) I have updated both iOS and macOS versions of uTime! uTime for iOS is now on version 3.1 while uTime for macOS is now on versions 3.0.5! Take a look at the changes below:
uTime 3.1 for iOS:
- Made it so dark mode for the iPad now is on the home screen timer list
- Enabling dark mode will have the dark keyboard appear when changing the timer name
- The return of date sorting: You can now sort timers by date on both macOS and iOS
- Made it so you can slide to delete timers on iPad
- Redesigned the launch screen
- Fixed an issue with memory leaking on iPad
- Fixed an issue on auto layout sometimes not working on the info section of the iPad
uTime 3.0.5 for macOS:
- Sorting by date has returned to both macOS and iOS versions of uTime
- Adjusted a timer on the back end so the app should not have issues with timer selections anymore.
Download uTime for iOS | Download uTime for macOS (BOTH FREE)
After being somewhat absent for a lot of the Summer Season (in terms of being a college student anyways) I have pushed a small update to uTime. This update adds support for Apple’s new iPad Pro 10.5 inch. Within the update is also a fix for the “Today” widget that hasn’t been working for a few versions (sorry)!
While I’m not going to share details on what there is a lot of things in the pipeline coming. Just keep watching for it!
Download uTime for iOS | Download uTime for macOS
It’s the holiday season and as traditon holds it I update all uApps applications to have snow falling throughout the cold weather months. The tradition remains this year with EVERY uApps application getting a holiday update. Enjoy the holidays everyone.
However, uTime gets a little more than just snow falling so I want to highlight them both specifically.
uTime 2.2 macOS:
-Added a holiday icon!
-Added snow falling throughout the App!
-Added support for the MacBook Pro Touch Bar!
-You can now easily add and delete timers with the Touch Bar!
– Touch Bar changes depending on what you are doing within the app.
-Added the ability to sort timers by date!
-When a timer is deleted a window will appear briefly to alert you of deletion.
-If extra loading time is needed on startup the UI will reflect this
and of course uTime 2.2 for iOS:
– Added choice to sort by date
– UI Changes for iPad
– Fixed error on iPad where there was no indication of the countdown date
So macOS gets a little more love but getting the timers to sort by date proved more difficult than I originally thought. Either way these are going to be the last updates of the year so I hope you all enjoy them and the holiday!
~Matthew Jagiela (uApps Head)~
There are no breaks! Just 4 days after releasing uTime 2 for macOS uTime 2.1 is out for not only Mac but for iOS as well! The official changelog for both platforms below.
– Got rid of the (s) in the countdown text
– uTime macOS now supports fullscreen!
– You can now make the window infinitely bigger. Enjoy!
– The Info screen is also resizable! Make it as big (or small) as you want!
– Added today button to Change Time View to quickly update the picker to the current time.
– Font changes for Change Time View.
-Added support back for OS X 10.10(Yosemite)
– Change to the countdown time (No more (S))!
-(S) is also gone from our countdown widget!
-Added “Today” button for changeTime to get to the current time.
– Redid notifications… 2.0 butchered them for some reason.
– Made “Name Changer” change with dark mode.
– Made “Date Picker” change with dark mode.
-Made changer blur change with dark mode.
-When adding a new timer the default seconds will now be :00 (Can only be changed with uTime macOS)
-Slight UI Changes to iPad.
Also, because uTime 2 for macOS came out 4 days ago here is a link to that (or just look to the post below this)
I hope you enjoy the update and I look forward to bringing more enhancements to the future (maybe Touch Bar support?!).
You didn’t think I forgot about the Mac did you? Of course not! I am happy to announce that after a ton of development and testing uTime 2 for macOS is now available to download!
The biggest change to uTime for macOS is that I redesigned the User Interface.
As shown above our timer view is now permanantly on the side bar of our homepage! This allows quick and easy access to all of your countdown timers. To delete a timer simply select it and hit the delete key on your keyboard! Along with this for smaller screened Macs the view can be resized to better fit your screen!
Also just as a small thing I incorporated Apple’s San Fransisco font which looks very nice throughout the entire application.
Along with this a bunch of mechanics have changed including how timers are changed (a small popover instead of just appearing) along with some color changes to our info screen.
Along with this are a lot of behind the scene changes that will make uTime macOS even better!
This update took so long because I did not want to update it without iCloud syncing working on Sierra.
The full changelog for uTime 2 for macOS:
-New Icon to match the iOS Version – Much cleaner
-Home screen has a new font to make it look cleaner.
-Home screen has the list of timers always visible for easy selection
-Timers are now deleted by hitting the delete key.
-The window’s width can now be resized for smaller screens.
-Change Time/Name is now it’s own view that pops up instead of just appearing.
-Support is now bigger in order to show more information and has the same black blurr as other elements.
-Adding a timer will have the name “New macOS Timer” to reflect rebranding of OSX
-Along with the new font there are multiple changes with the way text is formatted (list and home)
-Download uTime for iOS button works now.
-Changed the order of the buttons for support as closed in the middle was a little weird.
-Fixed issue where notifications would not show up when the timer was synced with iCloud.
-Support for macOS Sierra (10.12)
And here is the updated screenshot gallery for uTime macOS!
uTime 1.1.2 is now being pushed to the Mac App Store. uTime 1.1.2 contains bug fixes and improvements. The official changelog is:
-Added Links to download uTime in the info panel.
-Fixed error where hitting “Web Support” did nothing.
-User interface improvements
That’s all for this update. There will be much more to come to both uTime for OS X and uTime for OS X in the near future. Until then though happy downloading.
Download uTime for OS X | uTime for iOS