uTime 4.1 is now available… For all platforms!
With the power of macOS Catalina and Catalyst framework uTime comes to the mac with all the same functionality as the iOS version! This also means whenever there is an update to uTime for iOS there will be the same update with the same (and more) features for macOS.
However, making a Catalyst app is a problem because it will only work with macOS Catalina which drops 32 bit support which is used with many legacy applications…
The way I decided to counter this is to leave uTime for macOS (Version 3) on the app store for legacy software users. However, there will not be feature updates for uTime macOS Version 3.
So why the change? A lot of reasons but the main one is continuity: being able to develop features once and then have it work accross all Apple platforms means more feature updates come quicker which is a big win.
More information on the transition can be found here: https://uappsios.com/utime-4-macos-migration-info/
uTime 4 for macOS is now called uTime Universal to match the iOS version and that it is universal throughout platforms. uTime 4 runs better on macOS than uTime 3 does and I highly recommend using it.
uTime 4 is still free and can be downloaded here
For the 4.1 update here is what is new:
- Thanks to macOS Catalina uTime for iOS and macOS can live as one App! That means every feature that comes to iOS will come to macOS at the same time!
- All of the new features of uTime 4 iOS is now integrated into macOS. This includes the circular timer!
- The UI For iPad has been tweaked with constraints better to use macOS resizing. This is a good thing because it will also work better on a variety of screen sizes for iPad as well!
- Theme will change with the system theme automatically. If you have auto enabled when macOS changes theme uTime will too!
- uTime for Mac will still have it’s own unique icon!
- For those not running macOS Catalina version 3 will still remain on the Mac App Store for better compatibility but will not be updated unless crucial bug fixes are needed.
- Made it so switching the theme system wide will change the theme on uTime (iOS 13)
- Fixed bug on iPad when selecting the sort by date option would flick light mode on.
- Fixed issue where some timers that are expired might fire notifications on launch.
Thank you and I hope you enjoy a better uTime for Mac!